Monday, March 12, 2012

Insanity

Things making me insane right now:
1. a busy, demanding toddler
2. a crying, inconsolable baby who is nursing every 1.5 hours and hardly sleeping
3. the construction zone right outside 3 walls of my home- including jack hammers, tractors, saws, digging, swearing, and yelling [they tore up my winter roses: the only plant I successfully grew and kept alive]
4. the muddy floors that the above leaves in my home
5. the cough that all 4 of my family members have 
6. having to continue with dairy free eating.  sigh.
7. laundry 


BUT in the midst of it all, I'm choosing joy (with gritted teeth and a sweating brow, but I'm choosing it anyways) because:
1. I have a beautiful little 2 year old who plays pretend library, sings 'happy and you know it stomp your feet' and is full of energy and laughter
2. I have a dimpled, cuddly, warm cheeked blue-eyed-boy who coos, laughs when I tickle him, and bounces himself in the jolly jumper ever so cutely
3. the fact that they are fixing our leaking crawl spaces in our specific townhouse unit is a good thing because that means it will be done and that it will be easier to sell our place (eventually)
4. the fact that our floors are muddy means that we get out of the house, have people to visit, things to do, and places to go!
5. despite our bad colds, we are all generally in good health- Praise God
6. soy icecream and 70% cocoa chocolate. [Dairy free isn't so bad afterall]
7. having laundry means I have clothes for all of us to wear which is, in itself, a blessing (oh, and the fact that I have a washer and dryer is a huge blessing)


Okay.  So I'll stop complaining.  I really actually have it made.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...