Sunday, March 21, 2010

Name change and other ramblings

Decided to change my blog name. Jason challenged me to blog more 'thematically.' I thought about what sort of things I could or should blog about:

Everyday life? Spiritual thoughts? Being a new parent? All of the above? None of the above?

I'm sure I'll blog about stuff in general, but I realized that one of the ways God has often spoken to me, is through metaphors. Physical things that make me think of spiritual things. Everyday, day to day things that impact my emotions and spirit.

Sounds too serious and pensive. (I'm sure it won't be).

I suppose these random images of mine may make no sense to anyone, except me. But maybe not.

So: metaphor of the day?

I thought I had a brilliant one about how Jesus is my garbageman...but it's not quite worthy of publishing. Actually, not sure I have one today. But that's okay. Life doesn't always fit into nice little themes... does it?

What happened today?

Skipped church due to uncooperative baby schedule, drank 3 cups of watery coffee, read my novel, read some OT, and then I just went for a walk with Silas. Ran into lots of little kids with basketballs and tricycles. I love when kids are out playing. They make me want to play again. Ran into neighbors and had a nice conversation. Ha! We conversed about how evil the internet is and how we never talk to neighbors anymore but instead talk to 'strangers' in 'China' instead.

And here I am.

Blogging.

Was this the most random blog or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...