Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Random Happenings

What's new?
This is what we've been up to:
1. Helping out with a missions event at our Church.  Jason's making a promo video, I'm doing some graphic design type of stuff.
2. Re-organizing our home.  I want to turn our family room into more of a 'play' room.  We're planning on some chalkboard paint, some kiddie style floor mats, some toy bins...etc.
3. Hanging out with friends who have more kids than us.  Moral: ENJOY having ONE right now.
4. Going for walks and adventures with Silas.  He loves being out, socializing, 
and going for hikes in his new baby backpack.
5. New favorite photo of Silas (pre-cry):
6. trying new cupcake recipes such as this mocha cupcake with espresso/cream cheese buttercream frosting.
7. Getting ready for the busyness of fall.  I'm trying to be out and about a bit each day for Silas' and my own sake. Ex: tot romp at the community centre, swimming lessons, stroller fit classes, and co-hostessing a table at a weekly Church women's get-together.
8. Silas is very chatty these days saying 'ma-ma-ma-da-da-do' and giggling, randomly.  He's trying to get more mobile too, looks like he's crawling backwards?
9. I'm running more these days.  YES.  I love running in the fall.
10. I need to stop having cream in my coffee and having full-cream-amazing-yogurts because, well, it's going to catch up with me.  (I've enjoyed not having to watch what I eat due to being pregnant and then bfeeding Silas...sigh...back to being careful)
11. Went through the  US border crossing as the driver for the first time.  Phew.  Was nerve-wracking.  
12. We'll be hosting some people from India in our home for a week!
13. Not sure why I'm numbering these items.
14. Need to clean the house, but I'm blogging instead.
15. New favourite quote (thanks Jackie for this one).  Parenthood: the days are long but the years are short.  SO true.

1 comment:

  1. How do you make the icing on all your cupcakes look so perfect? These one's look especially delicious!! Can I have the recipe?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...