Thursday, March 12, 2015

My Adoption Story

You there, questioning if God is real.
Wondering what the big deal is, "I'm just fine," you say.
"I don't believe in 'fairy tales' and 'religious crutches," you say.

O disbelieving one.
Love has come for you.  True love.
Love like nothing in this world can ever give you.

You there, feeling all alone.
Feeling unknown, unseen.  
Orphaned by the world.  Lonely. Rejected. Unloved.
You there, sitting alone, head in hands.  Wondering why you are here.  Why no one cares.
Wondering who will come for you. Who will save you from your empty reality. 

He has come for you.  Your lover.  Your rescuer.
He is here.

You see, I was just like you.
What other reality could there possibly be other than what I see?
"I am fine."  
But I didn't know that I was actually, 
an orphan.

Malnourished.  In pain.  Neglected.  Alone.  Father-less.  Family-less.  Purpose-less.  Aim-less.  Amounting to nothing. Truly known by no one.  Comfortable in my own poverty.  The cold, empty crib I was sitting in.  It was fine. 

Until He came for me.
He CAME for me.
Love.  I didn't ask for it.  I didn't get washed up and prettied so He pick me.  He just did.
I was an orphan and now I am in a family.  Loved beyond anything I could have ever imagined.  Held. Kissed.  Known.  Cherished.  Belonging.  
In His arms.  Forever.  And it was nothing I did.  He did it all.

How could I not have known this reality existed?   
Now, I know perfect love.  He will not abandon me.  He will not neglect me.  He will care for me.  Provide for me.  Father me.  Love me through every storm and long night in this life.  I am never alone.  Not for a moment.

So you wonder, what it is we crazy Christians believe.  
We believe in adoption.

God adopted me.  

I was an orphan and He saved me.  He gave it all so I could enter into a love relationship with Him that can never be taken away.
And all He wants, is to love YOU too.  TO know you as His own child.

It has never been about religion.  It has always been about falling in love.  With a God who loves you, rescues you, chooses you, and simply wants to adopt you.

Will you let Him?

*message me if you have any questions or would like to know more.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...