Saturday, July 4, 2009

Baby week 12!

So I'm approaching week 12. I found this hysterical website...it was comparing baby sizes each week to fruit. I thought it was fun...but then I found the 'male version.' SO for humor and for interest, I'll include each as I go along:



For female readers: Baby is the size of a plum!
Average size: 2.1 in, .49 oz




For male readers: Baby is the size of a small measuring tape this week.

Found out that almost all of baby's vital organs are formed! Crazy!
So, we've started telling everyone about the pregnancy. Makes me nervous! Then when I feel a few cramps here and there I worry. But I had this epiphany the other day, if I start worrying now, I may NEVER stop. I guess those who are parents already can tell me if this is true or not. But the way I figure it, it's not like pregnancy is the only time to be anxious for baby. Then there's worrying about them in the crib, and when they're sick, and when they start choking on cheerios, then there's walking and wandering into dark corners....then teenaged years...it never ends? So I figure, maybe it's best not to start?

So maybe I should start taking pictures of the belly. I'm not sure if I'm showing baby at this point, or if my intestines are just so darned crammed that they're protruding from my abdomen a bit. Thing is, when I start taking belly shots you'll have to ignore the ugly purple stains of bruises from my daily shots. Maybe I should paint the belly each time to cover it up? Could be interesting. If I am showing a bit, it looks more like I've eaten a few too many chocolate chips (not that I"m denying that really). But then the question is, what do I wear? The same thing every time? Not a lot fits WELL these days.

Oh and since everyone keeps asking, we're not sure if we want to know the sex of the baby. We're at a standstill on this issue. If you know the sex, then you may have the false pretense that you know what to expect, but of course, you won't. But then...you can buy pink or blue socks ahead of time (tough choice).

1 comment:

  1. Shannon! I am so happy for you guys! I agree that the "finding out the sex of the baby" part is a hard decision. Sam and I aren't quite where you guys are, but whenever we talk about it we still can't decide. Being prepared seems nice, but then again that surprise after all that work also seems great! Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...