Tuesday, November 24, 2009

my active little boy, insomnia, and other pregnancy facts

33 weeks already and insomnia has taken over. I woke up last night at 2:30, then 5:30, then was awake for good at about 6:00. Tossing, turning, peeing, ahhh! So frustrating! It doesn't even really make sense to me because I feel tired but I just can't get comfortable. And my little boy moved a little jungle gym into my belly, or at least that's how it feels. Now, don't get me wrong, I am proud of his little break dancing moves and every time he moves I feel a sense of reassurance...but at the same time.....I feel like spanking (what I think is his little bum poking into my ribs) and say, "SIT STILL!" But I guess this is what I should expect for having a little boy.
I started reading this book about raising boys called "wild things," and from what I've read and seen in little boys, I'm in for a ride! The authors of this book talk about how curious and active little boys are wired to be...oh man. I wonder why we bought a new house? I'm sure the little guy will destroy it before he's 5. Makes me think I should already change the home to fit a little boy's energy...turn the den into an empty room with rubber walls, install a fireman's pole from the top floor to the bottom. Hmm.
I can't believe in some ways that I could have this little boy any day! I feel not yet prepared- but then over prepared at the same time. I made a ridiculous amount of applesauce the other day (?) clearly unnecessary, but then I still lack a number of things from the nursery, don't have my hospital bag packed, haven't bought Christmas presents...ahhh! Will I be ready? I guess I will have to be in one way or another!

What else to report in pregnancy? I'm itchy, suddenly ravenous at random times, feel like I'm not sure if I'm going to pee my pants most of the time (especially while in superstore- I hate that place, it's far too big), and I'm wondering how it's possible that I have to wait TWO MORE MONTHS for this pregnancy to be done with. Sigh.


1 comment:

  1. we are thinking of you guys! lets see some pregnancy pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...