Monday, May 10, 2010

What's motherhood like?

Many have asked me what these past 4 months have been like for me.  What's motherhood like?  How IS motherhood?  I think I've finally thought of my answer:

Motherhood is more
More of everything
More
tears, and effort, tiredness and terror
More
happy times, and confused times, proud times and weak times
More
joy and excitement, laughter and surprise
More
weariness and fatigue, insecurity and bewilderment
More
work than you ever thought
More
worth than you ever imagined
More
sacrifice, and patience
More
learning and growing
More
love overflowing
More
kisses on little fingers, toes, head and nose...
More
of everything
I am more blessed each day by this gift of my son
and more overwhelmed by my incapability to steward my responsibility- alone
Motherhood is more than I ever imagined it would be in all the great ways, in all the hard ways, and in all the ways in-between
Motherhood is more
than I ever thought it would be

1 comment:

  1. ha ha. I just looked at my blog post again. I'm only 4 months into motherhood! Bua ha ha....do I have a road ahead or what?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...