Thursday, March 14, 2013

On my heart

Things that are shaping my heart lately:

I read this blog post about the reality for many orphans in orphanages.

I discovered this ministry reaching out to impoverished, family-less children in Haiti.

I watched this documentary on gendercide at an event hosted at TWU.  

I watched this video about the same issue.

and I signed a petition for this bill to be presented to our house of commons by our local MP Mark Warawa requesting that Canada officially take a stand against gendercide. 

I'm memorizing this scripture for this year:
"Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you." James 1:27

Not sure I can be blind much longer to the plight of orphans or the loss of innocent girls' lives because of abortion, infanticide, and sex trafficking. 

What about you?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...