Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Almost 7 months?

What? I have an almost 7 month old?  How is that possible?  I find myself getting a bit sentimental these days.  I saw a friend's newborn and couldn't believe how big Silas seemed comparatively.  I have to say though, I'm enjoying this stage.  A lot.

Reasons why this is my favourite stage:
-I don't feel like I am in survival mode all the time
-I can fit pre-pregnancy pants
-I know Silas better, including all those little intuitive things that I always wondered how mom's know (such as when one cry means 'I'm tired' and another cry means 'I'm not ready for bed yet)
-Silas is sleeping most of the night (he just slept from 9:30 pm to 6:30 am and we had to wake him up to feed him)
-Did I mention, Jason and I get to sleep in the same bed again!  Oh the sacrifices...
-Silas is so interactive!  He chatters on and on, I love making him laugh, he's exploring a lot, snuggles up on my shoulder and wants mommy and daddy more than other people (sigh, loving all this)
-Like clockwork...Silas is awake for 2 hours, then goes for a nap.  He's so much easier to read now!
-I can tackle household things and actually accomplish a full task!
-I can leave Silas somewhere for a moment, and he is RIGHT THERE when I come back (I know that this won't last much longer)
-He's so cute (I guess I'll always think this?!  Or at least, until he throws tantrums...)
-On that topic, even when he's reeeally upset, I can usually laugh a little cause he's so dramatic over silly things like putting his clothes on  (I imagine when he's a toddler and crying his eyes out it will be much louder, and much less funny)
-He can almost sit on his own!
-He can feed himself baby mum mums and it's soooo cute
-I LOVE scraping nasty solid-food-poop into the toilet (okay, kidding).
-Oh, and I don't have to check on him every 5 minutes while he's sleeping (I know he's still breathing...okay, I don't NEED to, but I still do once in awhile).

Loving this stage.  I just feel more like me.  I'm still having some issues sleeping but I DO sleep every night.  Praise the Lord.  I'm almost recovered from my crazy postpartum thyroiditis.  I have to say that though the fall out was miserable from the thyroid, I don't mind having lost the extra weight faster because my metabolism was so high.

It's funny because, hypocrite that I am, I was always so flabbergasted how mom's could 'forget' those first weeks and months.  I would ask them "what were they like??"   And most, could hardly remember. "TERRIBLE MOMS, HOW CAN THEY FORGET?"  I would wonder.  Well.  It's true.  I have very little recollection about how exactly we figured things out in the beginning.  I only remember it was hard,it was survival, but now here we are at almost 7 months.  And of course, it was all worth it.  Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...