Sunday, August 29, 2010

Creative Inspiration

I'm getting restless at home.
Really restless.  
So Jason is encouraging me to dream a bit. What would I LIKE my life to look like?  What would I want to do if there were no obstacles?  What dreams do I have?

Tough questions.
Not sure where this soul searching will lead but lately I've been feeling very creatively inspired.  Maybe my future will have something to do with creativity?

So here are my recent creative projects/interests that have me excited about life again:

1. Baking
I've always loved baking, do it all the time.
In fact, I have a sick love of feeding people.
I thought this cupcake craze was silly.  "if EVERYONE's doing it, then why should I?"  (I said that about iphones too).

But I decided to jump on board and made some baby girl cupcakes.  So yummy.  So fun.  Red velvet.  Ooooh, may have to make this a habit now.  Plus, I've been reading a Cupcake blog.   That and watching the Master Chef show has me in the kitchen again.
Recipe from Joy the Baker blog.

Fresh from the oven.
um yeah.  They were delicious.
In hindsight: no gel topping.  They were prettier with just plain white cream cheese frosting.
Delivery was stressful but successful. I know why they're always freaking out on cake reality shows.  

Mmm.  Cupcake project was fun.  Next on the list: Mint Chocolate Chip Cupcakes.  Mouthwatering title.  I know.

2. Card Making

I'm always making cards but sometimes I lack inspiration.
But then Martha rescued me.  Her website is amazing for ideas.  

Here are some of my latest creations since September is THE busiest birthday month for me:

Yarn. On paper.  Who thinks of this?!  It's all Martha.

3.  Sewing (?)
So, I don't have a sewing machine.  But I can sew, with a lot of assistance.  
I have a million cushions that need recovering.  So, in my enthusiasm, I went to the fabric store to buy fabric without bringing any reference colors along.
Big mistake.
Thought: "I can just wing it, no problem, I have a good eye."
Ummm, nope.
Since you can't get small swatches of fabric for free these days (arg) I ended up buying three kinds of fabric, NONE of which match the rooms I want them in.
Dummy.
Not sure what to do now.  I LOVE this one fabric and I want it on some cushions in our bedroom but the wall colour is a lighter green.  What to do.... Buy new fabric?  Or re-paint room?

Here's the fabric:

4. Dream Photography Project
Here's the idea:  
a. get good at photography
b. since I think Silas is THE cutest kid, and needs to start his modeling career, he will be the subject
c. I like making cards, especially ones with funny sayings
d. all together = greeting card line named _____________ (insert snappy title).

Here's a prototype (although, take into account point a above)

says "it's ok to cry."  would be a sympathy card? 

Fun projects.  See where this all leads me...
p.s. Just cause he's cute, here's two recent Silas pictures

Warning, graphic picture ahead (many Cheerios lost their lives in this incident.  Graphic images of gore and victimization ahead):


I swear, I didn't colour coordinate him with his soother (okay, well, maybe subconsciously):



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...