Saturday, November 6, 2010

26 'Happy Birthday' moments

26 years old.  Yikes?  or is it, Yay?  Not sure yet.  However, I chose to look over the day and share 26 'happy birthday moments' of Nov 5th: 
1. Waking up to find that Jason had let me sleep in
2. Taking a shopping spree trip with my mom a few days ago.  I bought some awesome, cheap, and very needed new clothes from RW & Co.
3. My brother stopping by for a visit.  I like him.
4. Receiving a starbucks drink from him, AND a gift card.  Spoiled.
5. Getting a starbucks card in the mail from my wonderful friend Andrea.
6. Having a free birthday starbucks drink [if you don't know about this, you should]...although, it was kind of a black market/under the table kind of deal.  I asked the lady if the drink would just come off my registered gift card for free- but she said "no, something should arrive in the mail."  But then she was like, "whatever.  Don't worry about it" and I didn't use my gift card.  Saweeeet. (but shady)
7. Driving home from getting a free starbucks drink and watching a neighbor's dog poop on my front lawn.  'Here's a birthday delivery for you!!'
8. Opening up my facebook to find that 24 people had already wished me a happy birthday!!!  How sweet is that?
9. Getting the rotary cloth/quilt cutter that I wanted from Jason.  Nice.
10. Random, but funny- received an invitation on my doorstep for a 'hanky-panky' party tonight at our townhouse complex community building.  We've been wanting to get involved in our neighborhood and get to know our neighbors ...but...ummm...er.....maybe that's not the best way?  But I laughed anyways.
11.  Silas was happy all morning.  Scooting around.  Flailing his arms and making all kinds of fun noises.  He's so cute!  Oh, and he gave me a few good morning/birthday kisses.  Oh so cute.
12-14.  Silas then decided he wasn't so happy.  I spent most of the afternoon trying to get him to nap while he cried his eyes out.  It stole a few of my 'happy birthday' moments.  grrr.  Didn't he get the memo that it was my birthday?
15. But then he fell asleep in my arms.  Twice.  Hasn't happened in months and I at least had a little wee happy moment- oh my precious, exasperating son.  
16. My dad took me out for a wonderful lunch at Wendels (my fav restaurant in fort langley) and I had a great smoothie and panini!
17. I got a lovely lululemon wrap from my dad- way to go Dad- good taste!
18.  I also received some novels from my favourite author- Francine Rivers- thanks Sally!
19. After a horrendous and frustrating afternoon, my Mom came to the rescue and came to babysit Silas so J and I could go out.  I was thinking we'd have to cancel the evening cause I was so distraught.  However, she told us to go anyways.  Thankfully, I listened.
20. I got to dress up in some new clothes and felt 26 and stylish for a change.  
21. Went out for dinner with fun friends who made me laugh the moment I got to the restaurant.  I needed laughter at that point. 
22.  Had a bellini.  That was nice.  However, this was after a very confused waitress kept misunderstanding what I ordered.  Then, in my over-eagerness to take a sip, I spilled the bellini on my lap. That was a good moment too.
23. Ate lots of delicious carbs- had some amazing tortellini at Palliotis.  Oh, I got a free dessert- with an awkward happy birthday song from the waitresses.  AND got to use a coupon to make the meal cheaper.  I like coupons.
24. Got home to find that Silas was happy as a clam.  Way to go Mom!  He settled for the evening thanks to Jason's fine daddy-ness.  And finally I could sit down and watch the next, crazy episode of Private Practice.  
25. I get a continuation of my birthday today by going on a hike (if the weather holds out) and going to Porter's coffeehouse with friends- something I've wanted to do for a long time.
26. I got to finish my incredible novel, Sarah's Key.  Incredibly sad, but such a good read.


At the end of the day I am thankful for my wonderful husband, an incredible and healthy son, a roof over my head, food in my belly, an amazing Lord, and I am very thankful that He has allowed me 26 years on this earth.  


That was my birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...