Friday, April 8, 2011

Spring, O Glorious Spring




The flowers are budding, some of our vegetable garden is planted, the air is crisp, the sun is out, and there's a ligthness to my steps that wasn't there before.  Spring.  It's here.  I'm soo glad.  Maybe it's because I'm sleeping well, for the first time in a year.  Maybe it's because I wake up and the sun is shining.  Or maybe it's just the promise of a bright, beautiful and adventurous summer ahead. All of these things make me glad.  I'm smiling.  I'm just so relieved to be able to begin to hope again.  Hope for better weather.  Hope for better nights.  Hope for new life and healing and change.  I had been a bit down lately.  Frustrated with being stuck indoors.  Tired from chasing after a full blown toddler with tantrums and fits.  Bored with all my same routines and activities.  But then, the sun came out. I remembered that we have exciting summer plans to spend a month in Colorado and spend time with friends and family.  I remembered that I can now bike again, camp again, hike again- all my favourite things to do.  Sigh.  It feels good to feel good again.


Could it be that it's taken this long to recover from the transition of having a son?  Perhaps.  Or maybe it's just that I'm learning how to be thankful for all the things I've taken for granted.  When I've slept, can walk out my door, breathe in the fresh air, and have health to my life and energy in my step: I'm glad.  I want to be thankful for any days like this because the reality is, sometimes life comes along and takes those things from you when you least expect it.


So, I'm picking up my quilt to work on it again.  I'm baking some lemon scones and eating as many as I want. I'm planting flowers and starting to dream.  I'm looking forward to awesome days ahead and trying to live contentedly in this day too.


Oh how I needed Spring to arrive again!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...