Sunday, September 11, 2011

Nesting

I had a work shift the other day and it felt like I had braxton hicks contractions ALL. DAY.  I was very close to calling the midwife as they were frequent, uncomfortable, and well- concerning.  However, once I got home and finally put my feet up they subsided.

Phew.  How can I feel this huge, this uncomfortable, and this PREGNANT so soon?  I still have 2 months to go (?) 

Let's just say that this put my nesting into hyper-gear.  Not that I have the time or energy to nest but all of a sudden the million things that need to be done around the house are blatantly obvious to me now and I feel this urgency to get them all done.  Now. Or in 5 minutes.  Finish tiling the kitchen, paint the office, put new vanities in the bathrooms, re-organize the tupperware drawer, or well, every drawer for that matter, get Silas to sleep in a toddler bed, the list goes on...and on...And the biggest problem is that one item on that list leads to a thousand others.  It goes something like this:

"I need to make room for baby's clothes in Silas' room, but that means taking all the boxes that are currently in the closet out, reorganizing them and distributing them into other closets and the garage...but then that means I need to make more room in the garage..etc"

or

"We need to paint the office, but that means we'd have to also re-do the shelves, and we really need better lighting in there anyways, but I'd have to reorganize everything, and maybe make some pillow covers for on top of the guest bed and I'd have to pick out fabric that would match the wall...etc"
 
All of a sudden I'm near panicking.  Jason is roped into trying to re-sort massive amounts of baby clothes and toys and make Silas' room accomodate two children instead of one.  Meanwhile, I'm madly running around trying to clean under bathroom sinks and sort through cloth diapers, searching through the internet to find double strollers and sewing my quilt like a madwoman.

What. Is. Wrong. With. Me????

2 months is a little while but I'm feeling a little pressured by all the committments we have this fall and with contractions happening regularly I'm starting to wonder if this little miracle will arrive sooner than expected.

[Okay Shannon.   Breathe.  Note to self: the baby won't care if my tupperware is organized. 
(That one is scratched off my list now)]. 

However, I'm terrified there will be no more semblance of order in our household, ever, again if I don't do everything NOW.  On top of that, add a willful toddler who we are trying to train to sleep in a bed and, that's why I'm stressed.

As my energy level declines and baby's delivery date is breathing down my neck I'm wondering why I was so gung-ho to sign up for every volunteer position in my church this fall and to work until 2 weeks before the due date.

I'm having nesting in-sanity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...