Thursday, August 8, 2013

Packing for Two

We will be hiking up to this point, if I can make it.

That's right...no diapers or wipes, kiddie snacks or toys.  No playpens, no blankies, no carseats, no stroller and no beach toys. The list could go on.... Any parent knows that a trip away with just husband and wife, amidst the chaos of raising little beings is a total and utter relief.  Even packing is a dream.  One duffle bag and little other paraphernalia? As if!  Of course I'm a bit worried about how the boys will do and my heart will be a bit sick, yadda yadda, but for only a few minutes. I'm having a party inside.

A weekend away at Whistler just Jason and I?  Hiking for hours in the mountains, biking along winding pathways, eating out at a restaurant, swimming in the pool, I could go on. Yes please.  Praise God for a young married couple willing to take our kids (we will pay them back later when our kids can babysit theirs).


The only kink in the plan is my intention on keeping this period of time 'spending free.' We'd booked ahead of time but we had really wanted to go out to eat and... well, we're trying to keep the spending trim but this is our first time away after baby boy #2 and we are in desperate need of that time.  So, I am officially sucking at 'no spending' month.  But it's truly a good cause, right?

I've grocery shopped so that we can do most of our meals in our rented condo but I'm breaking my own rules to go out to dinner with my dear husband who might like to have a conversation longer than jolted sentences interrupted by screaming and tantrums, and insistent refusals to eat.  Yes, dinner at our home is THAT bad. 

Adieu, until Tuesday.
p.s. I AM sad that my no spending month forbade the purchase of a new camera when we will be in a beautiful place, but all the more time to just enjoy the moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...