Thursday, August 1, 2013

Selling and Investing

Kiva.org
Heard about it, logged onto it, inspired by it, loaned to it!
$86 of our $80 garage sale earnings are going here and our hope is to just keep investing this money, turning it over and turning it over.

Investment into people's lives.  I wish I knew them.  I wish I knew their families.  I wish I could see them get up and go to their newfound work and education with a lightness to their step and an excitement of their independence.  I wish I could see what that work adds to their family, how it adds to their personhood.  I wish I could watch as a mother provides rice for her infants for the first time in weeks, or a father as he brings provisions home for his wife to cook for dinner.  Or the student who is taking a step towards higher learning to bring pride to her family.

Thing is, I know the One who does see, and the One who does know them.  I know Him and He sees, even if I never do.

Oh, it's idealistic cause it's only $75.  But imagine!

I've heard such incredible things about micro-finance loans, it's time to be part of the movement towards people who are in need of a boost up.

SO that will be my first purchase this month people.  (Besides, of course, my moment of weakness coffee I bought the other day).

One step in a walk, in a journey that will take time and distance to travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...