Saturday, September 27, 2014

6 Months and Counting

Dear Fiona,
You are 6 months and I want to remember you just as you are, right now:

I love seeing your smile engulf your entire face.  You light up with a huge dimple on your cheek when you see your mama and that makes me full of joy.  

You love to be talked to, to see your brothers googly eyed in your face, and to play peek-a-boo.  You love to be tickled roughly and sung to.  

I am in love with your rolls.  Girl, I love your chub.  It is beautiful and you are healthy and I will snuggle your little pudge with delight.  I love feeding you right before I go to bed.  All soft and cuddly, and quiet, you are peaceful and it is my 'sigh' at  the end of the day.  

But that's the calmest you get.  Most of the time, you are the wiggliest baby I've ever seen.  You are aware, alert, and trying desperately to crawl and grab at everything.  You are a pincher!  You turned over at 3 months and since 4 months you ALWAYS turn onto your tummy from your back.  Now, you push yourself up and back onto your knees and are trying desperately to pitch yourself forward.  A few weeks and you will be everywhere, I just know it!  

You love to be spoken softly to but have a deep, throaty giggle that I think is adorable.  Your brothers are sweet on you.  You are adored.  You are beloved.  You are sweet.  But I do wish you would nap.  This whole '15 minute napping at a time' thing is getting old.  However, I will carry you as long as my back allows and enjoy our long walks in the stroller.  

You are a gift.  You bring joy to my heart.  Thank you Jesus for sending us this sweet girl!

Help! Silas is holding me!

It's okay.  He's got this.

Night time snuggles.

Finding my toes!

Always have my mouth open!


She's got a bit of red hair but it will probably turn out blonde.

Lovin the ride!
 
In my laundry boat

Ready to explore the world




Mama's girl!



1 comment:

  1. I somehow missed this when you first posed it – LOVE IT! She's so sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...