Monday, July 12, 2010

Flying with Silas

Today's to do list:
Packing, laundry, cleaning, packing.  (Did I mention 'stress a little?')
I'm worried about flying with Silas tomorrow.  I'm packing lots of stuff for the plane that may help entertain him for his first flight, but am a bit frustrated that they limit you on flights so much these days.  We can't walk up and down the aisles with him, there's no bassinett on this particular flight, nowhere to change him really...  Oh boy.

A little creative task today that I think might help our flying experience tomorrow (my step mom and I came up with this idea).  I made some little 'sorry' bags to hand out to passengers around us.  That's mainly what is stressing me out about flying with Silas- I dread the annoyed looks of people around us if Silas is crying and we can't console him.  So, I've made little baggies with a little poem attached to hand out if Silas starts to get ridiculously loud and obnoxious.  In the baggies are some candies and ear plugs and the poem says this:


We’re sorry for the screaming
this is our son’s first flight,
we kindly ask for your patience,
and compassion for his plight.

To ease your time we offer you,
these earplugs and these snacks
we’ll do our best to muffle him
and hope you can relax!

[Thanks for your understanding
despite the inconvenience of sitting near a
 crying child, hope you have a good trip!]

Hopefully these baggies will not only stop people's dirty looks and anger, but maybe will serve as a way to break the ice with other passengers and have good conversations?  I will tell you how it goes!





3 comments:

  1. That is so amazingly creative! Good on ya! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, this is the cutest thing ever! I hope you guys have a great flight tomorrow and that you don't have reason to use any of the baggies. :) -Jeana

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, over a year later.... how did it go? I had to dig out this post of yours and send it to a friend who is flying for the first time with their curious adventurous little boy next week all the way from NB to BC. Hope you are well! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...