Saturday, November 17, 2012

Happy Birthday Toby

I don't think a single year of my life has gone as fast as this one.
How is it that my precious, sweet cheeked, blue eyed, cuddly baby has turned into a 1 year old?

I cannot get over this kid.  In four words: he is just delicious, delightful, daring, and determined.  He is sweet and cuddly and constantly on the move.  We have a four chair barricade at the bottom of our stairs and he still doggedly finds his way through, over, or around them.  As soon as the outside doors are opened he is right there- trying to get out.  He loves his little hockey stick and cries when you take it away.  He climbs into the fridge or dishwasher as soon as the door flies open and if you leave a toilet paper roll or toilet unattended...well...he's sure to get to them.

He is not very vocal or excite-able but is generally quite content, curious and stubborn.  Try changing this kid.  No really, try it.  It's a full on 15 minute ordeal trying to keep him still.

He is right in the thick of things- standing with the boys, in the lego house Silas is building, hanging on my leg while I cook in the kitchen, and always trying to do what Silas is doing.  He can already build lego towers!

My oh my.  What a sweetheart, what a gift, what a joy, what a fast moving little life.

In celebration of this little explorer, we're having a family 'monkey' party.  I may have spent too much time on this and let my creativity go a little nuts but once you start making a theme, well...there's no going back.  Having a banana hunt, playing with monkey 'dough,' eating monkey munchies, decorating bananas, you know- all too much fun!

Here is this little hero:
In the sprinkler...  
Why not eat puffs off the floor? 
mmmm 


Multi-tasking 

Goin for it! 

Can I? 
Neighbors' garden looks good

Clearly not understanding the word 'barricade' 
Helping me garden of course! 
This is often the look on Toby's face: perpetual surprise.

On a bike already?! 
Always wants to do what his brother is doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...