Sunday, November 4, 2012

Party Goer

A busy weekend of parties and creating for 'em.  I loved getting the creative juices flowing again.  Here's some evidence of the messy merri-making madness.
  • Baby shower cupcakes.  Yes I made some in baby jars.  No, I wouldn't do it again.  They were cute but hard to eat.  However, it was fun and I enjoyed using up those accumulating jars in my cupboard.

  • 40th birthday bash.  I tried this on pinterest and it failed.  Oh Martha.  How do you make it look so easy? [Where did she buy easy-knotting chives from?!]  I ended up with this instead:  
Tooth picks stabbed into tiny bits of vegetables?  Done.  Did it take longer than it should?  Head nod.  I also gave a humorous gift for the birthday boy: 40 suckers with a list of "40 things that suck worse than turning 40" which included random things like this 
[the list was completely assembled sans pinterest]:
1. having rabies
12. sinking your car in a very large puddle*
17. battery operated toys
18. vomiting out your nose
23. burning your nipple with a hot iron
26. decaf coffee
33. getting your tie stuck in an automatic door
*true story
Not a glamorous presentation, mind you.
  • It's my birthday tomorrow and when hubby asked me what I wanted, I told him that I wanted him and my 2.5 year old to make me a cake [this was largely because Silas loves baking and loves cake].  I didn't realize Jason had never ever in his life made one before. Result?
Vegan chocolate yummy-ness and fun family to enjoy it with.  Good job dear! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...