Monday, October 25, 2010

Mommy Stuff

This post is mainly to ask a few questions of other moms.  I realize I learn best from others that I trust and love (rather than online searching) so I'm wondering about a few things.  Please feel free to respond to my post by messages at the bottom or through facebook/e-mail.  


First though, a few precious mommy moments:
1. Silas knows how to kiss now!  And by kiss, I mean, that he dives towards my mouth with a wide open, drooly, sticky wide mouth and, well, it's sooo icky and cute all at the same time.
2. Silas is still 'crawling' and now will crawl up to my feet and grab my feet to get me to pick him up.  Precious.


For the questions:
1. How did you wean your babe off breastfeeding?  Silas is 9 months, eating well and lots, but still breastfeeds 4-5 times a day.  He refuses to take formula from me instead of breastfeeding, and still doesn't drink tons of water.  He has the smallest breastfeeds (except the first one of the day and last one at night) but how do I wean him down?  I want to have him weaned by a year, so I have some time, but I'm curious how everyone else did it.  Oh, and how often did you breastfeed at this age?


2. How do y'all spend your time during the day?  Do you spend focused time reading with your little one and 'teaching', doing chores, getting out, etc.  What DO other moms do with themselves- at home all the time?


3. Anyone else try sign language?  We've been reinforcing a few words for a few months without any signing back to us.  Any tricks to help teach kids sign language- and know when they start to sign back?

4.  Ummm. I had another question.  Totally forget.  Darn it!  Mommy brain.


5. In liu of question 4, any handy/yummy foods you made for your kid at 9 months of age?  


All for now!
Thanks fellow moms!

2 comments:

  1. I'll email you a few thoughts as long as you promise to weed through them and throw out what doesn't work for you! I don't want you to feel overwhelmed with a lot of "shoulds"... these things were just my own personal experiences. -Jeana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shannon,
    For question 1, I would start by skipping one of the smaller feeds for a while and then skip two and so on. Your milk supply will adjust accordingly. I can't offer much more than that as I didn't have enough milk to feed Elena after one month - although I kept trying for two more. For question 2 - I spend the morning with Elena playing - music, reading, sometimes out for a walk and then after her nap I go out with her - as she is too busy to stay in the house ALL DAY. So we go visit friends or grocery shop or just get out. Hope that helps. You have a real sweetie - he is so precious. Take care dear - would love to visit in person one day. Darlene

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...