Friday, August 26, 2011

Pillow Covering Mis-Adventure

I'm entering panic mode: 2.5 months until baby?  Good heavens.  Lots to do, lots to do.  We've started stripping our kitchen to ready it for new backsplash tiles.  Our thinking: we'll probably want to sell our place in the next 1-2 years to get a bigger place and SO we should do some renovations now to increase the value (before baby arrives) and so that we'll have some time to enjoy our new renovations before selling.  I'll post an 'after' shot once we're done.  Home renovations with a toddler, should be fun!  I also finally got myself together enough to take on this breastfeeding pillow cover experiment.  My mom gave me a great idea to cover it and make it reversible with a fabric for if the baby's a girl, and then the other side- for if it's a boy.  SO I scoured the internet looking for how to videos and guess what?  No one makes them!  Or, I didn't find anyone who does.  You know why?  IT'S IMPOSSIBLE.  I had to make it up as I went along.  Did I mention I don't really sew all that much?  Oh, and that I have a very, very old sewing machine?  Oh well, at least I have the manual from the 1930s to help me out!  I'm left with an 'ok' end result.  Oh well.  It will do what's intended: protect the pillow from spit up and allow me to clean it with ease.  I think if I COULD perfect this idea, it could be a real hit in the mom-market.  We'll see if I ever attempt that again...


Oh, and I finally took another belly shot.  Silas kindly approached me the other day, pointed to my belly and said "ball!"  Oh boy.  Ball indeed.  He's also learned how to say 'brother' and when asked if he's having a brother or sister- he says brother 100% of the time.  (But he also says it's going to be a girl, so...not sure what that means).
girl side of cover

 boy side of cover (buttons on both sides, but holes yet to be made)
 kitchen: pre backsplash (paneling has to go)
step one: remove panels (check)
This shirt doesn't do it justice.  At 28 weeks I feel like a blimp.

2 comments:

  1. You are the cutest blimp I've ever seen!! And way to go attempting a reversible boppy cover... it looks great! Love you guys and we wish we could have you over for dinner one last time, but I don't think you'd be home in time for Silas's bedtime...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok covering a breastfeeding pillow is THE HARDEST THING EVER! i tried it with my last nesting phase before Lily was born... my fabric was so tight the pillow wouldn't bend and I couldn't' even fit the pillow around my body to USE it ha! I ended up just nursing laying down most of the time, or using other pillows because my breastfeeding pillow was useless (though cute bahaha!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...