Thursday, August 18, 2011

This Time a Round

I always wondered how women can report that subsequent pregnancies can be 'sooo' different from previous ones.  But here I am, contemplating the same thing.  Just so that baby #2 doesn't feel ripped off about not having anything documented about his/her mom's pregnancy, I'm copying another blogger's idea of what is same or different about this pregnancy for me (see her blog here: Same different)

Different:
I've been sick more often.  I was a glowing, healthy pregnant lady last time.  This time?  Colds, sinus infections... 
I am bigger, I'm sure of it.  So much bigger in fact that if I walk even the slightest bit fast while also having a full bladder, I get instant cramps in my belly.
I think I'm carrying lower? I don't know but I'm having more pant issues than last time.  Ie. they don't fit.
More heartburn-like symptoms.  
It's going much, much faster.  This time around my pregnancy is in the periphery, where as last time it was my focus
I'm totally unprepared.  As in, I haven't read anything, haven't thought about names, I haven't gathered or purchased or nested.  This poor child is just going to get thrown into the crazy mix of a household that is lived-in (toddler style) and not pristine.
I am dreading labor in a different kind of way but more hopeful I'll find better ways to cope.
I feel less 'glowy' and more, well, 'ugh.'

Same:
I pee all. the. time.
I kinda like the attention again.  I know, I know.  Hate to admit it but the opening of doors and the 'ohhh, when are you due' questions still make me giggle a little.
Itchy. Itchy. Itchy belly.
Sleep less.  I wake up a lot in the night.
It's a surprise!  No idea if it's a boy or girl...which I love and hate at the same time.  (I mean, do I buy pink or not?)

and YES I need to take another picture of my almost 27 week pregnant belly but I just look so huge. The other day I thought for sure the baby was just going to explode out of my abdomen my skin felt so stretched.

In other news:
Our garden is producing some marvelous produce this year including gigantic zucchini.  We've maxed out menu items to make with this abundant harvest though.  (I mean, what DO you do with 8 lb zucchinis anyways?)  But I love taking Silas to the garden cause he just chews on beans/peas like a true veggie lover even though he doesn't eat them when I put them on his high chair.  

As for Silas, I am loving this stage.  He is constantly chattering, running, moving, exploring, chasing, giggling, show-and-telling, and is just a lot of fun to have around.  In general the 6 month increments have been my favourite.  At 6 months he was more settled, more responsive, and we were together a much better team.  At 12 months he was weaned, he was scooting around, playing, and taking two naps a day, eating solids and trying new things all the time.  And now, at 18 months he's so fun to take places.  He loves kids and is constantly chattering alongside them like they're part of his fan club.  He plays in water forever, can recognize and say the names of soooo many things, mimics most everything we say, makes up games, and says 'cooookie' in such a cute way I can hardly say no!  He even sits on his little potty with his little books and acts like a big boy which is so fun!  Only downside is that when I ask for a kiss or hug he says 'noooo' in a cheeky kind of way.  Oh well!  

tasting another bean on his wagon ride back from our garden
 
Look Mommy, I really DO love veggies!

Picasso in the making...

Nothing like the beach! 
First boat ride (and hanging on tight!)

MUUUUUUUD.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...