Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Ramblings

My mind is full of busy thoughts, worries, lists and general clutter.  I feel like I need to clean it out here on this blogging page.  So here goes.

  • I registered at the hospital today.  Is this really happening?  Baby #2?  It took 15 minutes to get there.  With the way Jason drove last time to the hospital, I bet it will take 5.
  • How is it that I could possibly love this next child as much as Silas?  Sounds horrible, but how does love expand?  This kid fills my heart so much...is there really room for another?
  • We are still finishing tiling our kitchen.  Phew.  Lot of work these home renovations.  It's looking good though (see pictures below).
  • We met with the pastor today about leading a small group this fall.  Ummm.  Do we REALLY have time?  I'm excited though to see Jason teaching and leading again and I love hostessing...
  • September starts tomorrow.  That's crazy!  I look forward to a lot this fall though!  Visitors, swimming lessons, leaves, crisp air, women's breakaway, helping lead my first kidswap!  Fun. Stuff.
  • I need to spend more time with God.  I always 'mean' to, but rarely find the time.  How do I NOT have time?  I need to make time.
  • Somehow, we need to finish our New Testament seminary course by November.  That's funny.
  • Silas makes me laugh every day.  He is a little chatter box, saying anything and everything we say.  He is starting to get an imagination too.  He drew a little picture for me (of scribbles) and when I asked what it was, he said "a dog!"  He makes engine noises and says "airplane."  He loves sticks, rocks, and just roaming outside.  We spend HOURS walking the lovely toddler pace just exploring the neighborhood every day. He is definitely. A. Boy.
  • But what is the next baby?  Is IT A BOY OR GIRL?  This is driving me a little crazy.  Why did we choose to let it be a surprise again?
  • We are camping this weekend and I'm excited.  The best part?  Trying to fit 4 adults, 1 child, and 3 days worth of 'stuff' in our vehicle.  HA!  
  • Our tomato plants are SO close to becoming red but are not there yet.  Come on sun....a few more days!  We have a little pepper growing too.  One.  But hey, that's cool, we will enjoy every last bite of it!
  • My heart is racing often and I break out in sweats...my silly thyroid is already betraying me.  Hopefully it won't start to wreak havoc on my sleep too.
  • We need to transition Silas to a toddler bed.  Should be fun.  I imagine it will take nights of sitting outside his door, putting him back to bed when he comes running out.  Good thing he's too short to reach the door knob!
28 weeks pregnant
 The tiles we chose for the kitchen backsplash.  We put enhancer on them- look at the difference (the left one has the enhancer)

Tiles on the wall with icky grout
 
Once cleaned up...although still need to be sealed.
our lone growing pepper
Silas with his buddies.  Visiting over snacks.

My little performer at the PNE.  Sigh.  This kid is hysterical.

2 comments:

  1. You look great, the tile looks great, and Silas is adorable, as per usual :) Can't wait to meet baby #2!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon, you are beautiful! And I can't believe you guys re-did your kitchen. Re: your comment about needing to spend more time with God - maybe you already spend all day with Him? maybe you're just not aware of it.
    Oh, and do let us know how love expands. =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...