Tuesday, August 2, 2011

23 weeks Pregnant and Veggies

So.  Back from Saskatoon and ready to tackle feeding Silas and well, life.  Although, I can't believe I work so much in the next few weeks.  It's to make up for all the time I had 'off' over these last 7 weeks but I don't feel ready to go to work tomorrow!  Do I even remember my job?  I feel so much more busy with Silas and keeping up the house, and my belly is bigger - with ligament cramps to boot.  How am I going to work for 12 hour stretches?  Ack?

23 weeks have flown by.  I get a wave of fresh panic every time I think of it because I'm not ready for the baby to be born yet!  Or maybe, just not ready for the aftermath of having a new baby.  We haven't even really thought about names yet!  Oh boy.  Better get the move on.

In the meantime we're trying anything and everything to get this little boy of ours to eat something.  Over these last 2 months he's been a terrible terrible eater.  Not that being on the road is helpful for that- we ended up feeding him staples of cheese, grapes, crackers and yogurt.  So much so, that maybe that's why he has almost completely banned regular meals, veggies, protein...  I'm excited about trying all these new 'deceptively delicious' recipes and so far, they've been a hit!  I made chocolate pancakes (with blueberries and spinach), banana pancakes (with yams and carrots), and just tried adding cawliflower and zucchini to a recipe I already have (orange chocolate chip muffins) and all of these things were a hit!  I figure, this will be a new way of cooking and baking for me.  I've pureed a bunch of veggie combos in the freezer in convenient ice cube sizes and I just pop them out and replace their liquid for other wet stuff in recipes.  My goal: no matter what Silas eats, whether snacks or meals, that he'll always be getting something truly nutritious.  That means- veggie and fruit juice (instead of regular juice), mashed avocado and banana concealed in his favourite yogurt, and pureed veggies in whatever I can possibly put them into.

We'll see.  We have to cut back on snacking because otherwise he won't eat meals with us, we have to let HIM feed himself even though he's a messy eater- cause he won't eat if he can't do it himself, and well, we'll see.  It's been very frustrating so I hope that there are better days ahead!

Here's some pictures as of late:
little Elizabeth Thomas- so cute

Silas trying to give her a hug, but being rejected

serious photo of buddies Nate and Silas

Happier!

Visit in the hotel in Saskatoon- Mom-superheroes

my growing pregnant belly!

infamous chocolate, blueberry, spinach pancakes- seriously, they're good!

yam/carrot pancakes

my fav' chocolate orange muffins (with veggies snuck in)

having fun with Uncle Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...