Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Christmas Cards

I am a firm believer in yearly Christmas cards and letters.  I know, there are some haters out there.  

No one reads them, it hurts the environment, send it by e-mail etc etc.  

I just think at least once a year you should get something thoughtful, hand-written, and personal from those you love.  In. The. Mail. 

I love opening the mailbox in hopeful anticipation and receiving a surprise card with a great photo/update inside.  I love doing the same for others.  It's helped me keep in touch and reconnect with people through the years.

I've sent letters to over 150 people for more than 10 years.  

[Ooops.  I better get on writing a letter this year!  For all those waiting to receive it: IT WILL BE LATE THIS YEAR. I am usually way ahead of myself with new ideas of creative formats like hand-made cards, hand drawn cartoons, and the like.  But, having just started two jobs, getting a letter out at all will be an accomplishment].

However, one element that is complete is our photo.  (Hooray!)  Quite a feat. 

I am the worst at keeping surprises so I have to share at least one of the pics we're choosing from here on my blog.

This one made me laugh out loud.

It was the end of our photo shoot   It was a freezing cold, windy day and it was starting to rain.  The kids were tired and coat-less (for the sake of the photo, right?)  This was all they had left in them:
Humor-less.  Shock. Disbelief: You want us to smile for another photo?!

lol.
Can't wait to post some more soon.

[brought to you by the amazing Amanda Gregor]

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...