Saturday, December 8, 2012

the Big 3-3

Hubby turns 33 tomorrow.  We're celebrating by me going to work.  Arg.  But we celebrated early and had a lovely brunch with family today which included much gluttony:
  • homemade cinnamon buns
  • blueberry topped cheesecake [which I was dying to partake of]
  • fruit salad
  • bacon and sausages
  • homemade quiche
  • marshmallows and hot drink bar


We also had a wonderful rest day together- out for a walk, to the gymnastics drop in centre for some family fun (the kids LOVE this place...and so does Jason).

We spent friday evening with friends sharing Jason's favourite meal: Mexican Lasagna.  
Arg.  I want dairy.

One. More. Feed. To. Wean....

[It's probably better I can't have it because this week we have been flying into holiday festivities and eating ridiculous loads of carbs, goodies, and amazing home-cooked fare.  If I could have eaten all that I wanted to...I'd be huge].  Maybe this will be my diet trick over Christmas?

In other news: hunting for thoughtful, cause-supporting Christmas gifts (suggestions?) and prepared for a stressful, fast-paced, steep learning curve in a new workplace tomorrow.  See if I end my first shift in tears or if I can even make it until the end of shift [ugh.  Back to work post-mat leave is impossibly challenging for me right now].




1 comment:

  1. Shannon, you should check out global-mothers.com if you are looking for any Christmas gifts for tinies in your life :) They have some super cute aprons for the little crafters or bakers in your life, among other things. The products are made almost entirely by women who are employed by NGOs in order to support their families, and the NGOs offer them a safe working environment, fair wage and access to community programs. It's great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...