Friday, January 18, 2013

3 Is Where it's At

Don't get me wrong, I've loved every stage of Silas' short life.  I loved when he was learning to scoot on his bum, when he took his first steps, and when he started to use words in hilarious ways.  I loved his two-tooth grin and his energetic hyper giggles. 

But 3?  That's something altogether lovely.
3 means...
He can put on his boots.
He can brush his own teeth.
He can say words like 'enormous' and 'beautiful' correctly.
He can do jumping jacks.
He can tell me that "I need a snuggle" when something is bothering him.
He prays for "people that don't have eyes" and "for our whole family." (*tear)
He can imagine playing a violin in the bathtub, tasting the colour blue, and jumping into a pool full of chocolate. (Love this kid's imagination).
He loves being read to and can recite the whole hungry caterpillar book.
He helps me get kleenex for Toby and 'checks on him to see if he's getting into trouble."
He plays with Toby and expresses affection "I love my little warm Toby"
He is occupied longer than 10 minutes on one thing (love!)
He can play hide-n-seek.
He uses the potty all the time on his own.  Praise the Lord!
He paints, uses glue, loves play-doh and helps me bake (in lieu of having a girl to do these with, this is pretty much my dream come true)
He can spell his name.
He tells me he loves me and gives kisses and hugs "this is a squeeeezy hug"
He rides his strider bike like a kamakazee, jumps higher than I do, does cartwheels, and is learning to hike. 

3 Rocks.
Toddler-hood be gone, little boy-hood I welcome you.

Happy birthday (yesterday) to the coolest 3 year old I know.  I am so excited for this new season.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...