Friday, January 25, 2013

Boy oh Boys

A usual day in the Brink home:
I know nothing about raising girls, as is obvious, but 12 things I've learned recently about raising brothers:

1. Always, always take them outside at least once a day.  Always.
2. Bleeding lips are common.
3. They will knock each other over, a lot.  If you gasp, or reach out, or cry out, they will cry too.  But if you just sit back and watch, they will get up, shake it off, giggle, and ram at each other again.
4. If they can hold it, they can throw it!
4. b.  They can always throw harder than you think.
5.They will get mad at each other, take toys from each other, push each other over, but they still always want to be where the other one is.
6. When all else fails, use the furniture as a playground.  (I know, it sets a bad precedent but when it's the furniture or your sanity, the choice is obvious).
7. When one is loud the other will be loud-er.
8. There is never only one running.
9. Sugar is your enemy.
10. The youngest always thinks he can do what the oldest can do.  
11. It may seem nice at the time to have them nap or watch a show but you will always pay for it later with energy left un-spent and they will be bouncing off the walls (literally).
12. Mess.  What one cleans up the other undoes.  Is there any point in cleaning midday at all?

Tips to raising a brood of boys?
p.s I don't know what scares me more- the thought of having another boy or having a girl. 3 boys sounds chaotic but then having a girl is foreign territory.




1 comment:

  1. I think we parents of boys need to stick together, Shannon! Loved the post. Can totally relate! I'd like to say "it'll get better" but not sure if I honestly can! But I wouldn't trade it for anything - even if sometimes I really don't understand boys!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...