Monday, June 25, 2012

Groceries

God,
I need patience, when it seems like every little hiccup in our journey out the door derails my emotions
I need your perspective, when forgetting my grocery list halfway to the store becomes an unecessary crisis 
I need your graciousness, when the hum of a toddler whining in the back of the car affects my mood enough to make me rude to strangers
I need your strength, when I'm trying to balance a baby on my hip (prevent him from licking the bathroom stall) while trying to help a toddler onto the potty
I need your sense of humour when the former is a g.o.n.g. show.
I need a reminder of your grace, when I am angry at spilled blueberries on the grocery store floor
I need your forgiveness, when I make my child feel shame for what was just an accident
I need humility, when I realize that the accident was really my fault
I need endurance, when lunch needs to be made, groceries unloaded, babies put to bed...(all before I can have a chance to pee and eat my own lunch)
I need a reminder of your provisions for us, that we have access to food and money to buy it
I need You.  For only in You can I find abundant life in the grocery store, on a Monday morning.


2 comments:

  1. Father God, I thank you for Shannon's transparency in her prayers. And for her heart and desire to depend on you, to choose to be thankful and focus on the things she has been richly provided with, rather than let complaints, tiredness and tangible frustrations win out. Thank you that in your kingdom, neediness is the way in, to your power and strength and provision. I pray that you will fill Shannon with your grace, love, wisdom, strength (i.e. dependence on yours) to love these children well. And where she falls short, may she trust that your grace is sufficient for her sons too, where she falls short, they will have opportunity to take those hurts and lacks to you ultimately. In Jesus' name, Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the simple everyday-ness of this prayer. Yes & Amen.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...